Alicante is a city from the province of Alicante in the Autonomous Community of Valencia. It is located close to the Mediterranean coast. The city’s Mediterranean atmosphere and nice climate will make you fall in love with this beautiful place. In fact, the whole province is one of the main holiday destinations for national and international tourists who enjoy impressive beaches, such as La Almadraba, La Albufereta, El Postiguet, Agua Amarga or El Saladar, wonderful natural parks, and, the history and culture at its finest.
Pepecar offers its customers the best car rental deals in Alicante thanks to its search engine. Moreover, you will have the possibility of picking up and returning your car not only in the capital but also in several locations of the province.
The origins of Alicante date back to the Iberian tribes from the 3rd century B.C. and the great relationships with Greece. In the 201 B.C. the Romans started to colonize this area, as its location was a perfect place for trading products. During the Middle Ages, the Arabs conquered the city and transformed it into an Andalusian type of city. In fact, there are still archeological areas with proofs of their reign in Alicante. From that moment onwards, and with many war conflicts, the city has become one of the preferred locations for immigrants, as the weather and the conditions of life here are really good. Nowadays, its economy is based on tourism, commerce and industry.
Because of Alicante’s truly varied places of interest, Pepecar wants to suggest you some of the most beautiful locations all over the city and its surroundings, such as Mount Benacantil, where you will find the Santa Barbara Castle, one of the most important castles from the Arabs, the Basilica of Santa María, built on the old Mezquita Mayor (Major Mosque), or the House of la Asegurada, the oldest civil building in the city.
However, visiting Alicante without tasting its gastronomy will make you miss one of the most attractive aspects of the city. Influenced by Valencian, Murcian and even Castilian cuisine, Alicante is the perfect place to enjoy delicious and varied gastronomy, having paella and rice as the most valued dishes. Salting products, as salted tuna or roe are delicacies often served with fried almonds, a very popular nut used in other typical dishes, as for example, the worldwide known turrón (nougat candy). Its high, sometimes suffocating temperatures increase the demand of typical drinks, such as lemon water, barley water or almond milk drink.
On the website of Pepecar, you will find a wide variety of hire cars in Alicante. Its search engine will find the vehicle that best meets your needs, with pick-up points at Alicante Airport and Alicante Railway Station. Use the Pepecar comparison tool to find the lowest prices.
TRANSPORT AND ACCESS
The Autonomous Community of Valencia is considered as one of the most beautiful places in Spain. Alicante is an incomparable city as well. From Pepecar, we recommend you to book a rental car in Alicante to enable you freedom of movement.
- From Alicante-Elche Airport: the distance between the airport and the center of the city is approximately of 12 kilometers, therefore, it will never take you more than 25 minutes to access the city. Remember that you can book your rental car in the airport. That way, once you exit the airport, you can pick up the car in the parking outside. It is the best option if you want to enjoy and explore the city and its surroundings without time limitations. Take the road N-332 or the A-70 to go to the city.
- From Alicante Railway Station: the distance between the railway station and the center of Santander is only 0,65 kilometers, so it will take you about 4 minutes to come to the historic center of the capital of the province of Alicante. Remember, you can pick up and return your rental car in Alicante Railway Station whenever you want. Take the Salamanca Avenue and the Estación Avenue to come to the center of Alicante.
WHERE TO GO WITH YOUR RENTAL CAR IN ALICANTE
Once you book your rental car in Alicante, pick it up at the selected point, and start the adventure. Halfway between the sea and the mountains, Alicante offers visitors the best of both landscapes. Its coves, streets, history: everything is worth visiting in Alicante.
The route will follow the coast from South to North. Leaving behind Alicante Airport, the journey will start at Benidorm, in the North. Take the motorway A-70. After 58 kilometers you will discover a number of possibilities awaiting you, as for example, beaches, restaurants, the harbor. Also, this destination is great for the whole family.
TERRA MÍTICA THEME PARK
The youngest of the family, and, maybe not so young, are going to enjoy visiting Terra Mítica. This theme park just 10 kilometers away from Benidorm can be reached taking any of the following roads: the N-332, the N-340, the N-330 or the motorway A-7. Terra Mítica offers leisure activities for children and adults, attractions for the bravest, and snack stalls and gift shops. It will be worth visiting and enjoying The Flight of the Phoenix or The Labyrinth of the Minotaur.
Leaving the theme park behind, you might want to travel to the quiet Altea, driving along the road N-332 to the North. In just 15 kilometers you have reached the destination, considered as one of the most charming towns in Spain. Its white façades contrast dramatically with the deep blue sea. And, its proximity to the mountains provides the opportunity to explore nature again.
The next stop is of a slightly longer distance, 37 kilometers, from Altea to Jávea, one of the most popular towns in Alicante, known for its bourgeois past and its tranquility. Its 25-kilometer coast is not the only charming area of the city, as the historical center is full of remarkable buildings, such as La Iglesia de San Bartolomé (The Church of St Bartholomew), which was a fortress back in the Old Age, and El Mercado Municipal de Abastos (Municipal Market). The old houses built by the bourgeoisie are truly impressive. And, to end the day in Jávea, there is nothing better than having a drink and some tapas in any of the city’s terraces.
What are you waiting for to book your rental car in Alicante with Pepecar? You can find the best deal with our rental car comparison tool.
ALICANTE: MAIN MUNICIPALITIES
These are the main cities in the province of Alicante. Some are mainly touristic cities and others are typical industrial or farming towns:
- San Vicente del Raspeig
- Santa Pola
SOME OF THE MOST IMPORTANT ROADS IN ALICANTE
To visit all the attractions the province of Alicante offers to you, you may need to take any of the following roads with your rental car with Pepecar:
- AP-7, Valencia a Alicante, de peaje
- A-31, Alicante
- A-70, Circunvalación Alicante
- A-77, Circunvalación Alicante
- A-7N, Acceso Noroeste a Alicante
- A-7N, Mediterráneo
- CV-80, Autovía de Castalla
- EL-20, Circunvalación Elche
- CV-80, Sax-Castalla
- A-79, Vía parque Elche-Alicante
- N-325, Alicante a Francia por Zaragoza
- N-332, Cartagena – Valencia
- N-334, Circunvalación de Alicante
- N-338, Cádiz y Gibraltar a Barcelona
- N-340, Alicante a Francia por Zaragoza
- CV-70, Alcoi – Benidorm
- CV-81, Ontinyent – Villena – Yecla
- CV-84, Elx-Novelda
- CV-86, Via Parc Alacant-Elx
- CV-95, Torrevieja – Orihuela
- CV-725, Ondara – Dénia
- CV-821, Sant Vicent – Sant Joan
- CV-835, Novelda – Monóver
- CV-855, Elx – Dolores
- CV-865, Elx- Santa Pola
- CV-905, Benijófar – Torrevieja
- CV-740, De la N-332 a Jávea por Teulada y Poble Nou
- CV-743, Teulada a Moraira
- CV-765, N-332 al Puerto Altea por playa Albir
- CV-767, Finestrat – La Cala
- CV-770, Villajoyosa a la CV-70 por Sella y Alcoleja
- CV-777, El Campello a Busot
- CV-802, Intersección CV-799 con la CV-793 en Onil, a la CV-801
- CV-822, Alicante a Villafranqueza
- CV-828, Alicante a San Vicente Raspeig
- CV-832, Novelda a Castillo de la Mola
- CV-853, Elche a la Marina
LIST OF BEACHES AND COVES IN ALICANTE
Some of the best Spanish beaches and coves can be found in Alicante. Therefore, we want to give you a list of some of the most important ones:
- Agua Amarga, en Alicante
- Cala de la Palmera, en Alicante
- El Postiguet, en Alicante
- La Almadraba, en Alicante
- Playa de San Gabriel, en Alicante
- San Juan, en Alicante
- Tabarca, en Alicante
- Cala Cantalars, en Alicante
- Cala dels Jueus, en Alicante
- La Albufereta, en Alicante
- Los Saladares, en Alicante
- Puerto Viejo (Isla de Tabarca), en Alicante
- Serragrossa, en Alicante
- Agua Amarga, en Benidorm
- Cala de la Palmera, en Benidorm
- El Postiguet, en Benidorm
- La Almadraba, en Benidorm
- Playa de San Gabriel, en Benidorm
- San Juan, en Benidorm
- Tabarca, en Benidorm
- Cala Cantalars, en Benidorm
- Cala dels Jueus, en Benidorm
- La Albufereta, en Benidorm
- Los Saladares, en Benidorm
- Puerto Viejo (Isla de Tabarca), en Benidorm
- Serragrossa, en Benidorm
- Cala Almadraba, en Santa Pola
- Cala Tío Ximo, en Santa Pola
- Playa de Poniente, en Santa Pola
- Cala del Mal Pas, en Santa Pola
- Playa de Levante, en Santa Pola
- El Andragó, en Teulada
- La Ampolla, en Teulada
- El Portet, en Teulada
- Les Playetes, en Teulada
- Cala de la Barra Grande, en Altea
- Cap Negret, en Altea
- La Olla, en Altea
- Mascarat Norte, en Altea
- Solsida, en Altea
- Cap Blanc, en Altea
- El Soyo, en Altea
- La Roda, en Altea
- Mascarat Sur, en Altea
TOURIST OFFICES IN ALICANTE
Here you are some of the tourist offices in the cities of Alicante, in case you need some more information when travelling in your Pepecar hire car.
These are some of the main destinations in Spain where you can book your rental car online:
The main hire car destinations in the Balearic and the Canary Islands are: