Lisbon is not only the capital of Portugal, but it is the most occidental city in the European continent. Located in the bank of the Atlantic Ocean, it is also considered to be a northern port for the Tagus River.
Enjoy the city of Lisbon as you have always wanted thanks to the incredibly low prices Pepecar offers you through its search engine. Book a rental car in this city and Portugal and be the master of your time.
Lisbon still preserves the same perimeter since its foundation, though places as Lourdes, Odivelas, Amadora and Oreias have become part of Lisbon’s metropolitan area. This city is one of those places that become part of your identity. Once you go to Lisbon, you will totally fall in love with everything on it, and, most importantly, you will want to come back as many times as your economy allows you. Lisbon has a truly special charm thanks to its localization and its closeness to Spain.
If you want to know this city in depth, the best way is to become aware of the localization of Lisbon’s most known neighborhoods:
- Alfama: it is the oldest and most particular neighborhood in Lisbon. Some of the main touristic points of the city are located here. Thanks to your rental car, you will be able to discover and explore the astonishing Portas do Sol Viewpoint and Santa Lucia Viewpoint. Also, you will be able to enjoy the National Pantheon, the Lisbon Cathedral and the San Jorge Castle.
- Baixa Pombalina: undoubtedly, this place is incredible if you want to stroll along its commercial streets, full of bars and restaurants, and put in the frame of the Market Square, where anyone can park its rental car without any problem. You will find the Santa Justa Lift, at the heart of this neighborhood. This place is perfect for those who want to enjoy the best views of the city. And, not only that, but we also recommend paying a visit to the Santa Catalina Viewpoint and the San Pedro de Alcantara Viewpoint.
- Chiado: this neighborhood is perfect for those who love night life and museums. Here you will find the Chiado Museum and the remains of the Carmo Convent.
- Belem: in the periphery of Lisbon, you will find one of the most famous neighborhoods of the city. It will only take you 15 minutes to access Belem. Here, you will be able to visit the Belem Tower, the Monument of Discoveries and the incredible and impressive Jerónimos Monastery.
TRANSPORTATION AND ACCESS
The Lisbon Airport, also known as Portela, is located in Potela de Sacavém, about 7 kilometers away from the north of Lisbon. One of the best alternatives is to book a rental car in Lisbon Airport with Pepecar and go to your hotel or accommodation without having to wait for the public transport.
Pepecar offers you the best deals to rent a car in Lisbon. Depending on where you want to go from the airport, here you are some of the main roads:
- A1 to go to the north of Portugal
- Puente Vasco de Gama if you want to go to the south of Portugal
- Puente 25 de Abril to go south from Lisbon
WHERE TO GO WITH YOUR RENTAL CAR
Estoril is known for people’s passion for motorcycles and cars and as the Portuguese Riviera. Thanks to its proximity and dimensions, it is the best place to visit from Lisbon. The distance between Lisbon and Estoril is about 24 kilometers. Thanks to your rental car, it will never take you more than 25 minutes. Take the road A5 in direction to Cascais. Then, take the Exit 9 to N6-8/Estoril/Alcoitᾶo.
This old fishing village has been the permanent and seasonal residence of artists and aristocrats. It is known for its luxurious houses and vacation properties, and for the amazing welcoming and loving character of its people. If you go to Cascais, do not miss the opportunity to visit Praia da Ribeira, Praia da Conceiçao and Praia Rainha, three of the best beaches from Portugal.
Finally, we recommend that you go for a walk to the Santa Maria Lighthouse, which is, precisely, one of the most touristic and emblematic places in the village. The distance between Lisbon and Cascais is about 31 kilometers. Take your rental car through the road A5 until the Exit Cascais Centro/Amoreira/Abuxarda. The trip will take about 30 minutes.
Undoubtedly, this location is considered as one of the best places to visit from Lisbon. Sintra was declared Human Heritage by UNESCO in 1995, and, therefore, it is not so strange to consider this city as one of the most beautiful ones from all over Portugal. The National Palace of Sintra, the Pena Palace, Capuchos Convent or Quinta da Regaleira Small Palace are some examples of the wonders hidden in the astonishing Sintra.
The distance between Lisbon and Sintra is about 30 kilometers. Thanks to your rental car, it will not take you more than 25 minutes to access your desired destination. Take the road A5 until the Exit 3 to go through the road N117 in direction to IC19/Sintra/Amadora. Then, take the exit in direction to A37/IC19 in direction to Sintra.
All these destinations and many more will be available for you thanks to your rental car in Lisbon. Forget about the public transport. Be the master of your time!
Here you are a list with some destinations in Portugal related to Lisbon where you can also book a rental car with Pepecar:
- Caldas de Rainha
- Castelo Branco
- Santa Maria da Feira
- Torres Novas
- Torres Vedras
- Vila Real
All these destinations and many more will be available for you thanks to your rental car in Lisbon. Forget about the public transport. Be the master and lord of your time!
These are some of the main destinations in Spain where you can book your rental car online:
The main hire car destinations in the Balearic and the Canary Islands are: