GENERAL CONDITIONS OF PEPECAR.COM
1. DESCRIPTION OF THE NATURE OF THE SERVICE AND ITS CONTRACTING
The present General Conditions are governed by the Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007, of 16 November, which approves the revised text of the General Law for the Defence of Consumers and Users and other complementary laws, the Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on services of the information society and electronic commerce, and the Spanish courts and tribunals will be competent to hear any conflict related to the same.
Any dispute arising from these General Conditions, as well as from the relationship that may arise between the user and GUERIN RENT A CAR, S.L.U. will be interpreted under Spanish law, without prejudice to the provisions of consumer protection legislation.
Through the PEPECAR.COM website, whose identification details appear at the end of these General Conditions, the client has access to information about tourist products and services of car hire without driver, without prejudice to its direct execution or through different car hire companies or car rental operators (hereinafter, the "Operators"), being able to make bookings and purchases of some of their products.
The making by the client of reservations or purchases of products or services offered on the website shall be subject to the specific terms and conditions established for each case. The customer agrees to accept and respect the terms and conditions of purchase that are established for each case that the customer chooses to contract, including, but not limited to, the payment of any amounts due and compliance with any rules and restrictions on the availability of rates, products or services. In the event that there are special rules or restrictions affecting certain fares, products or services selected by the customer, such special rules or restrictions shall be made clear to the customer on the screen prior to booking.
The offers, terms and conditions published on the PEPECAR.COM website may be subject to change at any time and without prior notice. These modifications shall not affect the offers, terms and conditions accepted by the customer at the time of booking. The customer must review the terms and conditions of PEPECAR.COM before contracting any service or product to verify the changes made.
If the customer does not accept these terms and conditions, he/she should not use this website. By using our website you will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
We recommend that the customer prints a copy of these General Terms and Conditions for future reference.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, PEPECAR.COM makes available to the customer the following terms and conditions.
2. GENERAL CONTRACTING CONDITIONS BETWEEN PEPECAR.COM AND THE CLIENT.
The customer declares that he/she meets the necessary requirements and has the necessary legal capacity to contract the services offered on the PEPECAR.COM website, in accordance with the conditions below, which he/she declares to understand and accept. PEPECAR.COM is not responsible for the truthfulness and accuracy of the data filled in by the customer.
Likewise, the contracting of some products and services requires a minimum age and driving licence for the rental of certain vehicles. The customer will be informed of these requirements before the purchase is finalised in the Operator's terms and conditions for the service.
The customer undertakes to use the services and content on our website in accordance with the Law, as well as the General Terms and Conditions of the services offered by PEPECAR.COM at all times, and must refrain from using them to:
- Transmit your name and password to unauthorised third parties, and you must immediately notify PEPECAR.COM of any access by an unauthorised user to said user information.
- Introduce into the network data programmes likely to cause damage to the computer systems of PEPECAR.COM, its Operators or third party users of the internal network or of this website.
- To carry out illicit activities, contrary to good faith, customs, morality or public order.
- Carry out activities that constitute an infringement of intellectual and industrial property regulations or any other applicable legal regulation.
- Reproduce, duplicate, sell or exploit for commercial purposes any content of the website.
- Disseminate content of a racist, xenophobic, pornographic or terrorist nature and/or content that violates human rights.
3. BOOKING PROCESS.
The customer can book a vehicle rental through the sales channels indicated in these General Terms and Conditions. Unless expressly indicated by the customer, PEPECAR.COM shall understand that the customer requests the most economical service on the selected dates and times.
During or after the booking process on the PEPECAR.COM website, it is possible that additional services and products may be offered in addition to the booking. The customer may accept or decline these services and products without prejudice in any way to their initial selection.
Any reservation initiated becomes a purchase at the end of the process described below, with the creation of a Voucher number and its sending to the customer's email inbox.
If the customer buys directly through the PEPECAR.COM website, once he/she has chosen a place to pick up the vehicle and entered the desired dates, the customer will proceed to search among the available offers, refining his/her preferences, possibly in several steps, with information such as the type of vehicle he/she is interested in. Once these details have been entered, and before the purchase is finalised, the customer will be able to access the Operator's terms and conditions for the service and proceed with the purchase. If the purchase is made, the customer will be sent a confirmation e-mail (Voucher) with all the information necessary to enjoy the service.
The customer will always be designated as the named driver in the contract, and therefore must personally collect the vehicle in all cases.
In case of booking through the PEPECAR.COM Customer Service, the agents will guide and advise the customer on the available offer that best suits their needs. They will also verbally inform the customer of the characteristics of the service being contracted, which will be specified in the purchase confirmation e-mail sent to the customer.
PEPECAR.COM shall not be liable for any damages that may arise from any technical incidents that affect the Internet network, access or the electronic device from which the booking is made and that may in any way affect the making of the booking (technical incidents being understood as, but not limited to: interferences, omissions, interruptions, computer viruses, breakdowns and/or disconnections in the operation of this electronic system or in the users' computer apparatus and equipment, etc.).
In the event of incidents in the contracting process attributable to PEPECAR.COM, the latter shall inform the contracting party of this situation as soon as it becomes aware of it, and shall provide, as far as possible, the provision of the contracted services, or failing this, if it is not possible in any way to provide the contracted services, it shall proceed to refund the amounts paid to PEPECAR.COM by the customer.
The client, for his part, is responsible for checking his booking once it has been formalised in order to inform PEPECAR.COM of any possible incidents that may have occurred during the contracting process in order to resolve them without prejudice to the parties.
PEPECAR.COM provides customers with forms in the "Contact" section or by telephone on 916350317 to identify and correct errors. In the case of customers contracting through other agencies, they should contact them to request the correction of errors, without prejudice to the commercial agreements signed between these agencies and PEPECAR.COM.
Likewise, PEPECAR.COM shall inform the customer, through its Customer Service Department, of any possible incidents detected during the contracting process, in order to resolve them without prejudice to the parties.
4. VERACITY OF THE DATA.
The customer confirms that the data provided, either directly through our website or by calling Customer Service, are true. In the event that any of the data is false, or that the contracting party has provided incomplete information regarding their identity, as well as information regarding the requirements demanded by PEPECAR.COM and the Operators for the execution of the contract, and also refuses to rectify said deficiency, this circumstance may affect the correct provision of the contracted services, without this implying any liability for PEPECAR.COM.
5. DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS AND POINTS OF SALE.
Reservations for car hire can be made through:
- The website www.pepecar.com.
- The telephone sales line 902 996 666 (Max. cost 0.12€/min + VAT).
- Through third party operators (retail agencies, tour operators, on-line agencies or other companies adhered to the commercial network by specific commercial contract) that have commercial agreements with PEPECAR.COM.
6. COLLECTION POLICY.
Given the telematic nature of the contract, PEPECAR.COM does not accept cash for payment under any circumstances.
7. DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED TO COLLECT A VEHICLE.
All customers without exception must present themselves with this documentation at the base of the Operator for the collection of the vehicle:
- DNI/NIF, NIE or ORIGINAL PASSPORT of the contract holder and the driver(s), as well as the card holder. In the case of non-EU foreigners, they must in any case present a passport stamped by a Member State.
- DRIVER'S LICENCE IN VALID COMPLIANCE WITH THE LEGISLATION OF THE COUNTRY, IN THIS CASE SPAIN, ORIGINAL OF ALL DRIVERS. Only the following shall be considered valid driving licences in Spain:
- Licences issued in countries of the European Union and the European Economic Area (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway).
- Nationals of other countries which are issued in accordance with Annex 9 of the Geneva Convention, or with Annex 6 of the Vienna Convention, or which differ from these models only in the adoption or deletion of non-essential headings.
- Nationals of other countries which are drawn up in Spanish or accompanied by an official translation thereof.
- International certificates issued abroad in accordance with Annex 10 of the Geneva Convention, or in accordance with the model of Annex E of the Paris International Convention, in the case of nations that have acceded to this Convention but have not signed or acceded to the Geneva Convention.
- Those recognised in particular international conventions to which Spain is a party and under the conditions indicated therein.
- Permits issued in countries of the European Union and the European Economic Area (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway).
Notwithstanding the above, the validity of such permits shall be conditional upon them being in force and the holder being of the age required under Spanish regulations to obtain the equivalent Spanish permit, and, furthermore, that a maximum period of six months has not elapsed since their holders entered any state of the European Union.
- Rental contract, Voucher from the selling agency or, failing that, reference (locator/contract number) to locate it.
- ORIGINAL credit or debit card for supplementary charges and deposit of the security deposit. However, some Operators do not accept debit cards to deposit the security deposit, of which the client will be informed in the Terms and Conditions available before making the booking. In these cases the customer must have an ORIGINAL credit card in their name.
In the event that the Operator does not deliver the vehicle to the customer, due to the lack of the required documentation, or due to the lack of the required documentation, or because the customer does not have it, PEPECAR. COM shall inform the customer of the impossibility of providing the service, especially when the Operator requests additional information to the above, in order to confirm the identity, truthfulness and accuracy of the data of the contracting party and the driver(s), if deemed necessary or appropriate, in order to reduce the risk of breach of contract or even theft of the vehicle by the client, to comply with Organic Law 4/2015, of 30 March, on the protection of public safety, as well as to meet the requirements received by any public body in the development of its powers, and to comply with what is mandatory in accordance with current legislation.
In contracts with means other than those mentioned above, the client will have to carry the relevant documentation in each case.
8. MODIFICATIONS AND CANCELLATIONS OF THE RESERVATION BY THE CLIENT.
The modification or cancellation of the reservation can be made in the section "Manage reservation" on the website www.pepecar.com, or by calling the telephone number 902.996.666. The cancellation of the service may entail cancellation charges according to the particular terms and conditions of the product or service contracted.
The procedure for requesting modifications to the contract, once the service has started, is the same as that described for requesting the cancellation of the service, except for the rental of commercial vans, in which case the client must contact the Operator, whose contact details can be found in the booking confirmation email, or by calling the telephone number 800.900.911.
The present conditions for the modification and cancellation of bookings are only applicable to customers who book directly through the PEPECAR.COM website. In the case of clients contracting through other agencies, they must contact them to request the modification or cancellation of the booking, without prejudice to the commercial agreements signed between said agencies and PEPECAR.COM.
The modifications of dates in the contracts (extensions, changes in dates, etc.) are subject to availability in any case.
9. EXCLUSION OF THE RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
In accordance with article 103.l) of Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007, of 16 November, which approves the revised text of the General Law for the Defence of Consumers and Users and other complementary laws, the customer does not have the right of withdrawal.
10. COMPLAINTS AND SUGGESTIONS.
After the end of the service, if the customer wants to make any kind of suggestion or complaint, he/she can contact PEPECAR.COM:
- Through its Call Centre number 916.350.317.
- Through the usual legal channels.
- Through the contact form on the website www.pepecar.com.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
All the contents of the PEPECAR.COM website are the property of GUERIN RENT A CAR, S.L.U. or its suppliers and are protected by national and international industrial and intellectual property regulations. Their modification, reproduction, duplication, copying, distribution, sale, resale and other forms of exploitation for commercial or non-commercial purposes are prohibited without the authorisation of GUERIN RENT A CAR, S.L.U.
The client undertakes not to use the website for illegal or prohibited purposes.
12. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our site may contain links to other websites not operated by PEPECAR.COM. Such links are included for reference purposes only. PEPECAR.COM has no control over such websites and is not responsible for their content.
13. LANGUAGE AND COMPETENT COURTS
Any dispute arising from the interpretation or execution of these general conditions, as well as the relationship that may arise between the client, the owner driver, the additional drivers and PEPECAR.COM shall be interpreted under Spanish law without prejudice to the provisions of consumer protection legislation.
PEPECAR.COM is a website owned and operated by GUERIN RENT A CAR, S.L.U., C.I.F. nº B57175283, registered in the Mercantile Register of Madrid in Volume 29237; Book 0; Section 8ª; Page M-324340 and Folio 36, with address at C/ Aragoneses nº 18, C.P. 28108, Alcobendas (Madrid).
PEPECAR.COM provides customers with complaint forms that can be obtained by sending their request to the attention of the Customer Service Department, C/ Aragoneses nº 18, C.P. 28108, Alcobendas (Madrid) or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Online Dispute Resolution: Pursuant to Regulation (EU) 524/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 May 2013, the European Commission provides an Online Dispute Resolution platform which is available at the following link: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/main/?event=main.home.show&lng=ES .
Consumers may submit their complaints via the online dispute resolution platform.
These General Terms and Conditions were last updated on 10 May 2023.