Car hire Pisa
Thousands of travelers decide to visit the incredible city of Pisa every year. The city is known for the most famous leaning tower all over the world: Pisa Tower. Pisa is, undoubtedly, one of those obligatory trips you have to do, at least, once in a lifetime, as you will discover the astonishing region of Toscana, whose history started in the 11th century B.C. even though the origins of the city are unknown, it is believed to have been founded by the Greeks in the bank of Arno River. Something we surely know is that, during the Middle Ages, Pisa became a world power. This status of power can be seen today, as the city is still an important city in Italy.
Are you interested in making a trip to Pisa? Would you like to have total freedom of movement and no time restrictions? We offer you, from Pepecar, a search engine to reserve a rental car in Pisa at the best price of the market.
REASONS TO VISIT PISA
Pisa is so much more than a leaning tower. In fact, its incredible gastronomy and its heritage, either cultural or artistic, make the city the perfect destination, chosen by millions of visitors every year. It is an ancient city and, at the same time, modern one which has three of the most important universities in Italy.
Even though what the majority of people might think, one of the major reasons why travelers visit this incredible city is because of its gastronomy. The gastronomy in Pisa goes beyond the typical trattorias we all know. Therefore, if you come to Pisa, we recommend tasting its astounding dished prepared with fishes as cod or cuttlefish, the spicy white bean soup of Saint Michael or the excellent Italian cured meat. Of course, if you like the meat, our recommendation is to taste dishes prepared with pheasant or the typical Spanish tripe.
Another reason to visit Pisa is its cultural and historic heritage. Along the many stunning cultural points to visit, don’t miss the Miracles Square, from which you can see the famous leaning tower, which, as you might know, it is the bell tower of the Cathedral. Other important points are:
- Knights Square, considered the intellectual heart of the city.
- Clock’s Palace, which has two astonishing medieval towers.
- Knowledge Palace, which is considered to be one of the most important university points inside Italy.
Without a doubt, there many more reasons to visit the wonderful city of Pisa. Therefore, a car rental in Pisa is the best alternative and the most ideal one to get to the city. Moreover, thanks to your car hire you will be able to move with total freedom along the most touristic places of the city as the Bank of the Arno River, Knight Square, the Crypt of Saint Peter in Viniculis, the Tuttomondo Mural, the majestic Duomo or any of the museums of the city, as for example, Saint Mathews Museum.
ACCESS AND TRANSPORTATION TO GET TO PISA
To get to the city of Pisa, one of the most common ways is landing in the nearby airports. In Pepecar, we want to recommend you to reserve your rental car in Pisa Airport, Florence Airport or Genova Airport, as the distance is no longer than 170 kilometers and the trip won’t take you more than 2 hours. Moreover, your rental car can be picked up and returned at the airport you land in.
- From Pisa Airport: it is only 6 kilometers from the center of the city. Take the SS1 Via Aurelia and in less than 15 minutes you will have gotten to the center.
- From Florence Airport: the distance between the airport and Pisa is about 90 kilometers. The fastest way to access the city is taking the A11 in direction to the west, as the trip won’t take you more than 1 hour. However, this route includes a toll. So, if you prefer, take the SGC Firenze-Pisa-Livorno and in less than 1 hour and 5 minutes you will be enjoying your destination.
- From Genova Airport: with your rental car, take the A12/E80 and in less than 1 hour and 55 minutes you will have traveled the 170 kilometers separating both places.
NEARBY AREAS OF PISA WITH PEPECAR – RENT A CAR
Renting a car in Pisa is a really good idea if you want to move all over the city and its surroundings, or simply all over the region of Toscana. Thanks to it, you will discover that the Leaning Tower of Pisa is not the only leaning tower at all, as there are two more: Saint Nicholas Bell Tower and Saint Michele degli Scalzi Bell Tower.
First of all, the trip might begin in the astounding Lucca.
It is, really, one of our recommended visits as it is truly close to Pisa. Lucca is only 17 kilometers away and it will take you about 20 minutes thanks to your rental car. To get to Lucca, take the SS12 and SS12radd until the V Via Bandettini.
Once you are in Lucca, we recommend parking in the outside part of the walls, for it is a really small town and, in an attempt to preserve its charming environment, the traffic is limited only to residents in the city. Don’t worry about this, as there are many parking lots at a not so high price per day. With your car parked, go to the historic center of Lucca and enjoy the essence of Toscana at its finest. Saint Martino Cathedral, with its gallery of columns, or Saint Michele Square, built upon the ancient Roman Forum, will, surely, amaze you.
Lari is about 35 minutes in rental car and about 32 kilometers away from Pisa. To access the city, take the road SGC Firenze-Pisa-Livorno. This medieval town is at the heart of the Pisan Hills. The place is known for its natural landscape which surrounds it, making the traveler feel what the real essence of Toscana is and, of course, for its medieval castle, known as Vicars Castle. Moreover, you can contemplate the medieval walls and its old entry gates, which are in perfect condition. For your information, Lari has, since 2003, the sign of environmental touristic quality Orange Flag.
TOURISM OFFICES IN PISA
AEROPORTO INTERNAZIONALE GALILEO GALILEI
- Address: Aeroporto di Pisa - 56100 Pisa (PI)
- Telephone: +39 050 502518
- Service hours: from 9:30 to 23:30 every day
- Languages spoken: English, German, French and Spanish
CENTER OF THE CITY OF PISA (near the Train Station)
- Address: Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II, 16 Pisa (PI)
- Telephone: +39 050 42291
- Service hours: Monday to Saturday, from 9 to 19. Sundays from 9 to 16.
- Languages spoken: English, German, French and Spanish
So, in your next trip to Pisa, enjoy your rental car with Pepecar at the best price ever!