Car hire Messina
Messina is one of the most important and populated cities all over Sicily. Messina is surrounded by the Strait of Messina, where you will find one of the most transited maritime ports in Italy. This wonderful city from Sicily is known, among many other aspects, for its long history linked to the university and its founder, Saint Ignatius Loyola. Furthermore, due to its coastal character, Messina has become one of the main economic focuses of the island based on tourism and international commerce.
Have you ever been to the incredible city of Messina? Would you like to move with total freedom and enjoy this city at your fullest? With our search engine you will find the car that, surely, best meets your needs and possibilities. Take advantage of this great opportunity and reserve your car hire in Messina at the best price ever!
Founded in the 8th century B.C. Messina is the mixture of some of the most interesting and oldest cultures in Sicily. Conquered in the 3rd century B.C. by the Roman Empire, the city, whose geographical location was privileged, developed its commerce between the island and Italy. Messina was attacked by the Normans who annexed it to Swabia. During the reign of the Normans, Messina became the capital of the Kingdom of Sicily. In the 18th century, the city suffered one of its major tragedies ever, when a tremendous earthquake destroyed a huge part of the island and, of course, the city. Currently, Messina is one of the main touristic and commercial focuses in Sicily and part of Italy.
MAIN SIGHTS IN MESSINA WITH A CAR HIRE
A care hire in Messina will help you discover the reason why this astonishing city from Sicily is considered as one of the Italian gems. Don’t miss this opportunity to visit places of such beauty as the Cathedral, the Montevergine Sanctuary, the Botanic Garden of Pietro Castelli, the Santissima Annunziata dei Catalani Church, the Calapaj Palace, Orion and Neptune Fountains, Contemporary Art Gallery of Messina or the Porta Grazia (Gate of Grace).
HOW TO GET TO MESSINA
Reserving a rental car in Catania Airport, Palermo Airport and Reggio Calabria Airport are some of the most interesting ways to reach Messina. As not all the distances are the same and the public transport might delay your arrival to your destination, don’t waste your time and money! Be the lord and master of your holidays with a car hire from Pepecar!
- From Catania Airport: the distance between the airport and Messina is about 110 kilometers.
- Take the road E45 and you’ll get to Messina in less than 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- From Palermo Airport: the distance between Palermo Airport and Messina is about 255 kilometers.
- Go through the E90 and A20/E90 and it’ll take you about 2 hours and 45 minutes to reach Messina.
- Or, take the A19/E932 and the E45, though it’ll take you up to 3 hours and 35 minutes.
- From Reggio Calabria Airport: the distance between Reggio Airport and Messina is about 30 kilometers.
- First of all, go through the A3 and E45 to reach the port of Villa San Giovanni (about 20 minutes and 15 kilometers)
- Second of all, take the ferry to reach the port of Messina. It’ll take you about 30 minutes more.
- Then, take either the Via G. Garibaldi or the Via Vittorio Emanuele II and the Via G. Garibaldi as they won’t take you more than 10 minutes to access the center of the city.
- Don’t forget to reserve your rental car either in Reggio Airport or in the Port of Messina.
- Enjoy your holidays in Messina!
MESSINA AND ITS SURROUNDINGS WITH A RENTAL CAR
Nobody questions the fact that the south of Italy and the whole Sicily are two of the greatest and most majestic areas all over Europe. They are full of colors, coast, sun and, ultimately, life. They are authentic paradises to enjoy the best holidays of your life. Therefore, to explore and enjoy the destinations we recommend to visit from Messina, the best option, without a doubt, is reserving a car hire in Messina.
Catanzaro is an astonishing Italian city is considered as the second biggest one from the region of Calabria. Catanzaro is truly close to the Squillace Gulf and the Ionian Sea. Catanzaro has one of the most important universities all over Italy. The city is known as the City of the Three V and its cultural and touristic offer is, in simple words, impressive. If you come here, don’t forget to visit the Medieval Gates, the Santissimo Rosario Church, the MUSMI or the Norman Tower.
The distance between Messina and Catanzaro is about 160 kilometers.
- Go to the port of Messina and take the ferry to Villa San Giovanni.
- Once in the port of this villa, pick up your rental car and take the A3/E45.
- In about 2 hours and 20 minutes and 160 kilometers of route you will be enjoying your day in Catanzaro.
Catania is located in the foothills of the biggest volcano in Europe, the Etna. In the oriental coast of Sicily, Catania is the second biggest and most populated city from Sicily, reaching a million inhabitants. It has a really diverse and big historic tradition, as it has been dominated by the Greeks, Romans and Normans. So, if you come to Catania, don’t miss places as:
- The Duomo Square
- The Etna
- Catania Cathedral
- Catania Amphitheater
- Massimo Bellini Theater
- Saint Nicholas Monastery
To reach Catania, take your car hire and follow these instructions:
- From Messina, take the road A18/E45 during 95 kilometers.
- The trip will take you up to 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Once you get to Catania, enjoy the wonders of the city.
Palermo is known not only as a city and the capital of Sicily, but also as a province with a monumental complex declared World Heritage Sites. It is truly close to the Tirreno Sea and its cultural, touristic, historic and entertainment offer is incomparable. If you want to come to Palermo, we recommend the following places to visit:
- Norman Palace
- Martorana Church
- Massimo Theater
- Chiaramonte Palace
- Saint Cataldo Church
- Botanic Garden
- Palermo Cathedral
To access Palermo from Messina you will have to go through a route of about 225 kilometers. So, these instructions will help you reach this wonderful city:
- Reserve a rental car in Messina to ensure the best, most comfortable and fastest way to travel.
- Take the road A20/E90 in direction to the west.
- The trip will be about 2 hours and 30 minutes long.
- Start your day in Palermo with your digital device running at full power!