Car hire Siena
Capital of the homonymous province, Siena is one of the most beautiful touristic destinations one can visit in the region of Toscana. It is located really close to the cities of Pisa and Florence and its sights can be easily compared to those you have in cities as Rome or Milan. Siena is known for its historic center, which is included in the list of the World Heritage. Furthermore, this incredible city from Toscana is really famous for its extraordinary cuisine.
If you have the big privilege to travel to Italy, don’t miss the opportunity to visit the astonishing city of Siena. There’s nothing better as to explore it from end to end with a rental car. Go to the website of Pepecar and find the car you like the most and the one that best meets both your needs and your economy. You’ll always find the best deals and prices of the market.
WALKING AROUND THE HISTORY OF SIENA
As many other cities from Toscana, Siena was one of the most important fortresses during the period the Etruscans governed the city. With the Roman Empire, the city changed its name to Saena Julia, honoring, by so doing, its founder: Julius Augustus Caesar. When Charlemagne took the control over Siena, the city became one of the most important cities for the Italian nobility. Even though the city had a tumultuous past, today, Siena has become an important culinarian, historic and cultural center both nationally and internationally.
VISITING SIENA AND ITS SURROUNDINGS WITH A CAR HIRE
Do you know which the most touristic places in Siena are? And, do you know the best option to visit them all? Don’t worry, we will tell you the secret! Reserve a rental car in Siena and waste neither your money nor your time in the public transportation. In this wonderful Italian city you can pay a visit to places of such magnificence as:
- Mangia Tower: one of the oldest constructions of the city.
- Siena Cathedral: a gothic-style religious building considered as one of the best examples of this type of architecture all over Italy.
- Communal Palace of Siena: also known as Public Palace is the current city hall of Siena.
- Saint Domenico Basilica: religious building from the 13th century with really impressive inside sights.
- Piazza Del Campo: one of the most centric places of the city and where many touristic routes have their beginning or departure point.
Furthermore, if you have the possibility to spend more than 1 day in Siena and you have seen this wonderful place from end to end, take your rental car and let’s go to some nearby cities to uncover the wonders hidden all over Italy. From Pepecar, we recommend visiting cities as incredible as Florence, Pisa and Livorno with your car hire.
Saint Mary of Fiore Cathedral, Uffizi Gallery, Saint Cross Basilica, the David of Michelangelo, Bargello Palace and Boboli Garden are some of the best examples of the wonders hidden in Florence, which is a beautiful Italian city that welcomes about 9 million tourists per year. To get to the astonishing city of Florence you will need a car and some indications not to get lost and enjoy the city at your fullest. Therefore, we recommend both having a rental car from Pepecar and follow the indications we show you now:
- Distance: 80 kilometers.
- Time: between 1 hour and 10 minutes and 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Roads: RA Firenze-Siena or A1/E35.
The Miracle Square, the Monumental Cementery, the Baptistery, the Cavalieri Square, the Saint Mary della Spina Church or the Cathedral of Pisa are the best exemplifications of why Pisa is so much more than a famous Leaning Tower. With your car hire in Siena we show you, below, how to access the beautiful Pisa.
- Distance: 120 kilometers.
- Time: approximately 1 hour and 50 minutes.
- Roads: SGC Firenze-Pisa-Livorno or RA Firenze-Siena.
New Fortress, the Montenero Sanctuary, Quattro Mori Monuments, the Meloria, the Archaeological Museum of Populonia and the Republic Square are only a small amount of places you will be able to visit if you come to Livorno. To reach the incredible city of Livorno, we recommend reserving a rental car and following the indications.
- Distance: 130 kilometers.
- Time: no more than 1 hour and 55 minutes.
- Roads: SGC Firenze-Pisa-Livorno.
HOW TO ACCESS SIENA
Among the various possibilities travelers choose to get to the astonishing city of Siena, landing in Florence Airport and Pisa Airport are two of the most common ways both for distance and time. So, even before you land in any of these airports, our most honest recommendation is to reserve a rental car with Pepecar. That way you will make sure your transportation is safe, comfortable, cheap and with the best quality (not always cheap means bad quality).
- From Florence Airport:
- Distance: no more than 85 kilometers.
- Time: between 1 hour and 10 minutes and 1 hour and 40 minutes depending on the route you take.
- Roads: three main possibilities:
- RA Firenze-Siena
- A1/E35 in direction to the southeast
- SGC Firenze-Pisa-Livorno and RA Firenze-Siena
- Toll(s): yes.
- From Pisa Airport:
- Distance: about 125 kilometers.
- Time: from 1 hour and 50 minutes to 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- Roads: two major options:
- SGC Firenze-Pisa-Livorno in direction to the southeast
- SGC Firenze-Pisa-Livorno andA1/E35
- Toll(s): yes.
It doesn’t matter when you want to travel to Siena. We always have the best deals of car hire in Siena so that you can have the car that best meets your needs and budget.