Car hire Ferrara
Ferrara is an Italian city which belongs to the region of Emilia-Romagna. It is located really close to the Po River, and its historic center is only a few kilometers away from the river. Moreover, this wonderful city is pretty close to Verona, Venice and Bologna. And, if there is anything to be pointed out about this astonishing city of Ferrara, it it’s the fact that the city obtains hot water and heating from geothermal energy.
Have you ever thought about going to Ferrara? Would you like to enjoy all the wonders of this city and its surroundings? With the search engine Pepecar offers, you can find the car that best meets your needs and pocket. You can choose from a wide range of brands and models. Don’t miss this great opportunity! Reserve your rental car in Ferrara with Pepecar!
WALKING ALONG THE HISTORY OF FERRARA
There are many aspects of the history of Ferrara that can be pointed out. First of all, the city was born as an answer to barbarians’ attacks in the north of Italy. The bishop in charge in the area next to the Po River decided to found a new territory, which we know as Ferrara. Second of all, the city has been part of the Lombardi, the Franks, different bishops and several families from Bologna, Verona and Mantua. Third of all, between the 15th and 18th centuries, Ferrara became one of the most important and cultural cities from all over Europe. Finally, in the 20th and 21st centuries, the city has been able to surpass all difficulties and grow more than ever before, especially because of the affluence of tourism.
RENTAL CAR TOUR FROM FERRARA
A rental car will help you make a visit to some of the best locations in the city of Ferrara and its surroundings. Go to Pepecar and look for the many deals to rent a car and choose the car you’ve always wanted to have. Once you pick it up in the meeting point you select, you can start a route along the city of Ferrara and admire places of such wonder as:
- East Castle: also known as Saint Michael Castle, it is one of the most beautiful fortifications in the entire Italy.
- Diamond Palace: one of the most famous places in the city.
- Ferrara Cathedral: built in the 12th century and considered as one of the most beautiful religious buildings in Ferrara.
- Botanic Garden of University of Ferrara: worldwide known for its collaboration to recover the environment.
- Ludovico Ariosto House: place where the artist was born and now used as a museum
DISTANCE TO ACCESS THE CENTER OF FERRARA
Pepecar has a search engine that allows you to pick up and return a car hire in Milan Airport, Venice Airport, Verona Airport and Bologna Airport. So, if you want to experience the best trip of your life, reserve a rental car in any of these airports and follow the instructions we give to access Ferrara.
- From Milan Airport: to access Ferrara, take the roads A1 and E35 in direction to the south and east. The distance is about 310 kilometers and the route will take you about 3 hours.
- From Venice Airport: from this airport, take the A13 in direction to the southwest and you’ll be in Ferrara in less than 1 hour and 15 minutes. The distance to travel is about 120 kilometers.
- From Bologna Airport: with a distance of only 50 kilometers, landing here is the best option. Take the A13 in direction to the northeast and in less than 40 minutes you will be enjoying Ferrara.
- From Verona Airport: the distance between the airport and Ferrara is about 115 kilometers. The best way to get to your destination is going through the SS434 in direction to the south and west, as it’ll only take you 1 hour and 20 minutes.
NEARBY VISITS TO FERRARA WITH A CAR HIRE
Don’t miss this opportunity if you are going to spend more than a few days in Ferrara and visit the following destinations with your rental car from Pepecar. It is true that there are many other places you can visit, but the three we show you are incredibly amazing.
You could start the route visiting Bologna, which is about 50 kilometers away and, with your rental car, the trip won’t take you more than 55 minute if you take the A13. Once in this incredible city, you will discover one of the most famous cities in Italy. Bologna is known for its Saint Petronius Basilica, Bologna Towers, Saint Luke Sanctuary, Neptune Fountain, Saint Domenico Basilica, Saint Peter Cathedral or the palaces of Re Enzo and Accursio. Undoubtedly, Bologna has been one of the most important cultural centers all over the world. So, don’t hesitate and visit this wonderful place.
The next stop in the route might be Verona. At a distance of 110 kilometers, you can access this city taking the SS434 in direction to the northeast with a car hire in Ferrara. The trip will take you up to 1 hour and 25 minutes. This city from the region of Veneto is really impressive. In Verona you will discover why Shakespeare decided to set one of his most known plays in this city. Also, you will be able to see the wonders of Verona in places as the Roman Theater, Verona Cathedral, Juliet House, Lamberti Tower, Erbe Square, Bra Square or the Scaligere Arch.
Finally, you can end the route in the incredible Italian city of Milan. With your rental car from Ferrara, take the A1 and E35 and you’ll get to Milan in less than 2 hours and 50 minutes. The distance is about 260 kilometers, so it won’t be a problem for you to go there. As you might know, Milan is one of the most important cities in Italy, so the visit is always worth it. More than 2 million tourists per year act as a guarantor for Milan to become a must-see destination. So, if you decide to come here, don’t miss Milan Cathedral, Giuseppe Meazza Stadium, Milan Planetary, Saint Siro Church, Sforzesco Castle or the Sempione Park, among dozens of wonderful places you ‘must’ visit in this city.